Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great Shares from Joe Greenberg


Dear Rose:

The tasselI don't want to "advertise" as much as offer my services to my friends and former classmates who might have children or even grandchildren who are contemplating going to college.

As you probably know, applying to college today can be a very anxious and stressful experience. Having worked in higher education for 43 years and 11 of those years in admissions, I have gained a certain amount of knowledge and experience that could be useful to kids who are applying to college. I am more than happy to share this with them and be their "guide " in a sense as they try to work their way through the application/admissions process.

Of course, if there are others who are looking for a "personal counselor" for this process, I do this on a professional basis for a fee. However, under no circumstances am I looking to solicit business from my friends and classmates. This is an offer of a "free" service from one friend to another.

Be well, Joe

Joseph A. Greenberg
Regional Director of Admissions
The George Washington University
93 Centre Street, #2
Brookline, MA 02446
617-232-4954 (Phone)
617-232-4955 (Fax)

5 comments:

  1. Joe,

    So proud of the adult you turned out to be! Your accomplishments are amazing and it all started way back at RHS class of 1962!

    This entry is truly a "Great Share" with our friends.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie Arvanian BowlerMay 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

    Wish I'd had your help 12 or so years ago, my kids and I could have avoided a lot of stressful weeks. What a great service and generous offer!
    Ruthie Arvanian Bowler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, You are truly amazing. I could never have believed that this would come together so quickly. Of course, I will let you know if I hear from anybody regarding admissions. Be well and thanks so much for doing so much for so little. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joe,
    Having just finished a great book about college admissions procedures, problems, protocol and personnel, I have a renewed appreciation for your work.
    Congratulations on a great career!
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe what a wonderful offer. I will keep this in mind as my grandson is in the process of looking into schools and dealing with all of that. They live is Seattle but he is looking at various schools some of which are in Mass. I will mention this to my daughter as she may have a few questions. He is completing high school at a communitdy college so this is all very odd to me.
    It is great having you on board, I look forward to your comments. It was great seeing you at the luncheon
    Dora

    ReplyDelete