Thursday, May 21, 2009

In Memory of our RHS 62 Classmates-- by Sal Carmosino

As Memorial Day is now upon us, we pause to remember the classmates that are no longer with us.  While we read the many familiar names with shock and sadness, we try to remember the good times that were shared with them in high school and in some cases, long afterward. However, they will always be with us both in our yearbooks, as we gaze at their pictures and signatures wishing us well in the future and in our memories of them.  Hopefully, it will be a comfort to us in future reunions, as they will still be with us in spirit and memory.

Memoriam RHS CLASS OF 1962

John Aucella (12/2014)
Anthony Aufiero (2008)
Joanne Bernazani (Fulchino)
Patricia Battista Bolton (8/13/2012)
Elizabeth (Rush) Brown (8/2/2012)
Kenneth Bruhmuller (2012)
Linda Capodilupo
Ellen Crowley
June Davey (2009)
Martin Dillon (2008)
George DiPesa (2014)
Loretta Di Pesa
William Donavan
James Donahue
Miriam Dubachansky (Shoer)
Teresa Falzone (Catapano)
Paul Ferris (2012)
Janet Fondini (2009)
Samuel Foulds
Ann Gambale
Glayds Gartside
Robert Giberti
Michael Giglio (2015)
Marilyn (Ginsburg) Flynn (2015) 
Peter Goddard
Alan Gorin
Beverly Grace (Morris)
Robert Griffin
Richard Grutchfield
Rosemary Hayes (Bushee)
Chester Janiak
John Jones
Stephen Kelley (2013)
 Paul E. Kincaid
Russell King (2011)
Brendon Kirby (2014) 
Chester Kirker
Edward Leach
George Manzo (2010)
Arthur Maroney
Michael MacCormack (2008)
Thomas McElman
Melvin Michaels
Kenneth Milliken
Charles Mosey
Mary-Lyn (Murphy) Colannino (2013)
William Murray
Marcella O’Hara (Dion)
Maria Oliva (2014)
Charles Palladino
Roberta Permatteo (Cataldo)
William Polsonetti (2010)
Joseph Quagenti (2012)
Marion Racca
Karen Reska (MacAuley)
Louise (LuLu) McGurin Sarro (2013)
Ellen Rappaport DePari (April, 2015)
Frank Rosa (2011)
Joseph Ross
Irene Russo (Littlefield)
Richard Sandler
Joseph Sacco (2008)
Richard Santaniello
Wayne Schonback
Carol Sciacca
Gerald Small (2010)
George (Buddy) Stellati
Frank Vetree (2013)
Anthony Zizza (2010)

                                                          
I.C.H.S.

Maureen Carozza
Robert Hahesy
Thomas Messina
Barbara Phillips
                                                                   Doreen Maguire

"Rest easy classmates, you are gone but will never be forgotten."

Sal Carmosino

8 comments:

  1. Sal,

    Job well done. This is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to our classmates.

    I remember I was shocked the first time I saw this list of our dear friends.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sal:

    You did a great job with this memorial.

    I was shocked to see how many of our classmates have passed on.

    Take care Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad, shockingly so, to read the names of our departed frieds. How vividly I remember them (some more than others (like Terri, Buddy and Mitzi) but all of them are still so clear in my memory! I'm sorry they died while yet so young, and I miss them. I'm amazed, yet again, at how fleeting, yet how precious, are the days of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sal,
    This is a beautiful and touching tribute. I recall that there were 425 members of our graduating class, which sadly means that 10% have passed on. I was stunned by the list and I, too, have fond memories of connections with so many of them. It is fitting to take a moment to remember them and how they touched our lives.
    Joanne (Strazzulla) McCarthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, also, read the list of our departed friends and classmates. I was astonished to see some of the names. I had heard about the passing of many, but there were others that I did not know about and have truly saddened me. Meri is so correct in her articulate description of how much we have lost.

    By the way, I tried to sign in by clicking on "follow" but I could not. Hope to hear from you soon. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Sal. That's a very thoughtful gesture.
    I remember Buddy Stellati well as we were in the same bowling league together and Buddy was a pretty good bowler.
    I can still see Joe Sacco driving down North Shore Road with me and others in his convertible going 100 mph but we were all sober.
    What fun we had in those days.
    Wouldn't it be great to have just one more day like that we can all recall with fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruthie Arvanian BowlerMay 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM

    Sal,
    This was very touching and memory-provoking. I can't believe that so many friends are gone. I knew about MItzi but it's hard to see her name on the list. Mitzi and I lived next door to each other and spent many years being incredibly close friends. Through Jr. High and our first few years at RHS, Mitzi came over my house every afternoon, and we would faithfully watch American Bandstand, worry if Justine didn't dance with Bob, and practiced "The Stroll" along with the TV show, until we perfected it. When we were younger we put on "talent shows" for the younger kids in our Beachmont neighborhood. And one summer, as we were headed for the beach for our first swim of the season, we discovered we were wearing identical bathing suits. Good memories. Meri said it well, life is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lift up all those who have left us sooner than we expected and their families and loved ones too. There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we cannot live without but have to let go. I, too, have deep sorrows in my heart. God bless all who are reading this, amen.

    ReplyDelete